OVER 20 DOCTORS AGREE - READING MY ARCHIVES MAKES YOU SEXY!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Look On Sheldon Moldoff's Work, Ye Nerds, and Despair!

A few weeks ago, Chris over at The Invinvible Super-Blog gave us "the most Silver-Agey word balloon of the entire Silver Age."

Yesterday, I happened upon what I think might be in the running for the most Silver-Agey Batman cover of the entire Silver Age. I don't know. Maybe I'm just easily impressed.

If you were to somehow combine the most Silver-Agey word balloon with the most Silver-Agey Batman cover, I think some terrible doom would befall Planet Earth. The Moon would turn blood red and farm animals across the world would give birth to three-headed, multi-limbed abominations. Or something. Please for the love of all that is holy, don't attempt this.

And whatever you do, don't link it to the Invincible Super-Blog or Random Panels. I can't stress this enough.

141_4_000000162
And have you ever wondered about the best way to kill a rampaging tiger?


Wait for it...


Wait for it...


Just a little bit more...

And

AAARRROOOO!
Batman 162
from Batman #162

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Arrrooo!

Arrooo!

Arrooof is on fire!

If Clone McThorhammer had killed Goliath by throwing a rhino through him (or The Rhino through him), maybe I'd still be buying Civil War!

9/27/2006 8:19 PM

 
Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Did Batman get a Milkbone for his efforts.

And this is indeed a very Silver Agey cover.

But can it stand up to Bat-Ape?

9/27/2006 8:20 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

That's a good one, Brandon, but surely you must concede that I've already topped you.

9/27/2006 9:03 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Steven: Thank you. That's the way I'm gonna remember it now.

Keeper: I imagine Robin hand-fed him some sort of Bat-treat to prevent hair balls and ensure a healthy, shiny coat.

I think Bat-Ape might win here.

Chris: Oh. My. God... That is a thing of terrible beauty. Terrible Silver Age beauty.

I think it might also be giving off some sort of weird comic book nerd- radiation. Just gazing upon it has lowered my sperm count and worsened my nearsightedness.

Your Silver-Ageyness is strong. I concede defeat, and will commence to beg the bipartite Silver Age DC god HANEYKANIGHER for my life.

9/28/2006 1:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit! Whoever says old school comics were boring needs to start reading genius work like this. Thank you, Brandon. I now dub thee "Guru of the Psychedelic" and salute you with the same hand I use to choke the chicken. *wipes tear from right eye*

9/28/2006 9:47 AM

 
Blogger SallyP said...

Dang, I just scared my dog by howling...literaly howling with laughter. And Steven, you are absolutely right. Civil War needs something like this.

9/28/2006 12:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of nerd radiation, I originally read this post's title as "Look on Moff Sheldon's Work".

10/02/2006 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Abs: "Beer will keep the local systems in line..."

10/02/2006 4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home