OVER 20 DOCTORS AGREE - READING MY ARCHIVES MAKES YOU SEXY!!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thoroughly Disturbing Batman Splash Page #2

Batman #39I just love how Batman and Robin aren't fazed in the slightest to see Santa Claus go flying by. I guess when you're someone who rides around on the back of a giant, demon hell-cat you don't suprise easily. I'm simultaneously reminded of Harold and Kumar go to White Castle and Panthor from He-Man.

It also kind of looks like Batman might be saying something under his breath to Robin. "Just shut up and wave. If you get him talking we'll be here for hours."

I know these opening pages were often meant to be loose metaphorical representations of the story inside, but it's all very confusing. Is this giant beast meant to represent the "trapped Catwoman" referred to in the caption? If so, then...eh, nevermind. This thing gives me a headache.

from Batman #39

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture creeped me out a little at first. Then it filled me with hopeful Holiday Season joy. Ah, Christmas. Dancing sleighs and giant demon cats. *sigh*

9/05/2006 12:23 PM

 
Blogger Bully said...

The picture loaded slowly from top to bottom for me, so first I saw Santa, and then Batman and Robin, and I was thinking, hey, what's so disturbing about this panel? It's kinda sweet and fun and AIIIIYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! GIANT MUTANT DEVIL CAT! AIIIIIIEEEEEEE!

9/05/2006 1:55 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

... Why... Why should they be surprised to see Santa, Brandon?

9/05/2006 10:41 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Richard: Giant demon cats are essential to any holiday celebration.

By the way, I returned "Sweating to the Oldies" vols. III, IV, and VII almost two months ago and have yet to receive a refund. Is there a customer service number I should call?

Bully: I love it when that happens. But you shouldn't fear the giant mutant devil cat. You should embrace the giant mutant devil cat. He just wants to be your friend and AAAAHHHHHH!!!! DEAR GOD!! IT'S CHEWING MY LEG OFF!!!! YAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!

*passes out from blood loss under 8 month old Christmas tree*

9/05/2006 10:42 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Chris: You're right. I forgot that by this point they'd already travelled through time, met alien creatures and done battle with the undead. Santa was probably dull by their standards.

Or am I off a decade or so?

9/05/2006 11:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home