OVER 20 DOCTORS AGREE - READING MY ARCHIVES MAKES YOU SEXY!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

His Only Weakness...

Alan Scott's always been my favorite Green Lantern . I think it has something to do with the fact that he's not always flying around the galaxy fighting aliens. I'm just not into the whole cosmic-hero thing. There's nothing wrong with Hal , John , Kyle or Guy. I just find Alan more interesting.


He's been a railroad engineer, a WWII veteran, the head of a major broadcasting company, and one of the leaders of a U.N. sanctioned covert operations agency, not to mention a founding member of the JSA. Freakin' Superman comes to this guy for advice! He's been called the elder statesman of the DC universe. He even managed to spawn a couple of mega powerful super brats along the way. Plus, you gotta admit, the eye patch is pretty bitchin'.


Another thing that's cool about him is that, unlike some other Lanterns I could mention, he still has his trademark vulnerability. In my mind this has always put him in the same league as Superman. You know, the "this guy's so awesome there's only, like, this one substance that can totally mess him up" kind of powerful. That being said, I find it incredibly goofy that the he can be taken out by a splinter. Incredibly goofy is alright though. I happen to like incredibly goofy.

And it's a good thing, too, because I've decided to make my way through every single issue of All-Star Squadron over the course of the next two weeks. Besides the sheer juvenile fun of getting to catalog all my All-Star Squadron picture files in a folder labeled "ASS", I get to post panels where Alan Scott gets taken out by

a piece of driftwood



a stick



and a ventriloquist dummy

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

So you're telling me that Mortimer Snerd could kick Alan Scotts @$$?

very very cool

8/30/2006 5:04 PM

 
Blogger Bully said...

Woodgod could totally pummel Alan Scott.

8/31/2006 12:43 AM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Donald Blake could take him out without having to Thor-up.

*BANG!*

Walking stick to the noggin'!

8/31/2006 12:56 AM

 
Blogger Bully said...

Why wasn't there a DC villain who just carried around one of everything he needed to defeat most DC superheroes?

"Let's see, I've got a piece of Kryptonite, a yellow cudgel, some bondage ropes, a dehydrating machine...and this copy of Zorro on laserdisc."

9/05/2006 2:04 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

That would be great!

I could see Film Freak teaming up with the Scarecrow maybe to pull that last one on Batman.

9/05/2006 3:11 PM

 
Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Wow, this could start a whole new GL head injury craze. Glad to see it didn't start with Hal.

BTW, for whatever reason Brandon your comments to my blog were snatched by the spam catcher. I've rectified the error...unless there's some subliminal message in your comments I should know about ...

9/05/2006 4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home