OVER 20 DOCTORS AGREE - READING MY ARCHIVES MAKES YOU SEXY!!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Totem Poll

I thought my comic book "spirit animal" was the Thing. I was wrong. It's Nightcrawler. I like that I can't tell whether he's a well-rounded, multi-faceted character, or just inconsistently written. Whether he's jumping into Wolverine's arms, Scooby Doo style, or delivering a beatdown to a gang of ninjas- his actions never seem out of character. He can be a swashbuckling pirate one issue, a depressed Catholic priest the next. And the man likes a good sammich. Besides, we need more manic-depressive heroes.



I want to know-who is your comic book "spirit animal," and why?



EDIT: I could swear another blogger posed a similar question recently, in a much more intelligent way no doubt, but for the life of me I can't remember who? Could someone help me out here?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger googum said...

Oh, totally Nightcrawler. Tell you what: you get Dave Cockrum Nightcrawler, I get Alan Davis Nightcrawler, with visitation on alternate weekends...

7/13/2006 4:51 PM

 
Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

The Silver-Age Supergirl, because I've suffered under the stigma of being "too nice" as well.

The current version, however, has no problem there ...

7/13/2006 6:54 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Anonymous: Er...Um...

Googum: Just promise not to sue for full custody.

Fortress Keeper: I can offer you a great deal on some black kryptonite. Have that problem cleared up in no time.

7/13/2006 9:40 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

I'm tempted to go with Peter Parker here (since he was scientifically constructed to be identified with by the geek with an inner badass), but considering that my friends have referred to me as "the most judgemental person I know," I might just have to go with ARISHEM THE JUDGE!

7/14/2006 8:33 AM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Hmm...Science geek or immeasurably powerful cosmic being?

Parker does have the actress/model wife and the luxury high rise suite- but being able to fly around the universe in a huge spaceship made of rock wins out I think. Oh yeah, and the whole omnipotence think doesn't hurt either.

You chose wisely. Or 'picked good' as we say here in Kentucky.

7/14/2006 9:40 AM

 
Blogger Jake said...

Two-Face. Just a few months ago, while struggling with my seemingly never ending unemployment streak (anyone know a PR firm that wants to hire a recent MBA grad?), I seriously mulled over the possibility of becoming a supervillain, openly debating my desire to live within society's rules, but lamenting society's rejection of me and wondering whether it's worth it to keep following the rules of a game I'm seemingly barred from playing.

Anyway, the coin came up tails (I didn't have a two headed coin), so I just mailed out some more resumes. Maybe next time.

7/14/2006 2:09 PM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Unemplyment sucks, huh? For a while I wondered why I couldn't find a job, then I realized it's probably because of my completely useless BA in English and Humanities. Oh well.

If you go on any crime sprees based around the number two, let me know. I'd make a great henchman. You could call me Double-stuff.

7/14/2006 6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home