OVER 20 DOCTORS AGREE - READING MY ARCHIVES MAKES YOU SEXY!!

Monday, July 31, 2006

I Like This Reality-Cluster. It Has Angles and Everything!

I read The Next #1 today, and I really liked it. So much so, that I'm already hoping for an ongoing. What's that you say? I'm jumping the gun a bit? A single issue isn't exactly the best measure of the future quality of a series?

I guess I'm just a sucker for-

See through dogs


A super powered Mount Rushmore

Extra-dimensional weirdos who run up the sides of buildings

And dialogue like this...

and this.

Plus, you get a Superman/Metron team-up and a reference to the Legion of Superheroes thrown in for no extra charge. What's not to like?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

I liked this comic as well. DC gave it next to nothing in the way of a push though, considering it was written by a pretty well-known SF author.

8/03/2006 4:29 AM

 
Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

I've had people recommend Tad Williams books before, but they never seemed that interesting. I might give some of his books a shot now that I've read this.

It kind of reminds me of those old Grant Morrison Doom Patrol issues, but with slightly less absurd randomness.

8/03/2006 6:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home